HOPE International Development Agency, Japan (HOPE-JP hereinafter) respects the privacy of the personal information of enquirers, donors and members to this organization.
Collection and use of personal information
When a person becomes a member, make a donation or respond to surveys, HOPE-JP may collect personal information (such as name, email address, birthday, sex, address, telephone number, occupation and category of business, etc.)
Personal information given to HOPE-JP will be used solely for the following purpose:
- For HOPE-JP event management
- For improvement of our website and services
- For surveys
- As reference of statistical data
- For sending newsletters and mail outs upon consent
- For sending prizes or gifts
- For responding to enquiries
- For management of service which is entrusted by others
Management of personal information
HOPE-JP will keep the accuracy of personal information withheld and administers it in security. Measures are taken against loss, destruction, defacing or divulgation of the information.
Provision of personal information to a third party
Personal information will not be disclosed to any person or organization outside of HOPE-JP without the donor/member’s consent, except as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Personal information protection in a third party company
HOPE-JP website and newsletters may hold links to external websites. Personal information registered in such external website is not administered by HOPE-JP for which HOPE-JP will not hold any responsibility.
Disclosure and correction of personal information
HOPE-JP will correspond promptly when donor/member requires to disclose, correct, suspend the use or delete his/her personal information.
HOPE-JP may provide personal information to a third party as below:
- Upon prior consent of the person.
- Upon request of disclosure of personal information from court, Public Prosecutor’s Office, police, tax office, bar (lawyer) association or organization with equivalent authority.
- Disclosure to insurance company for making insurance claims.
- In auction service, to inform the successful bidder to both the provider and the successful bidder, allowing both parties to access name or corporate name, address, phone number and name of the contact person( in the case of a corporation).
- Disclosure to financial institutions, credit card companies, credit collection agents or settlement service companies for settlement of payment to HOPE-JP. (HOPE-JP will collect information of credit card for making settlement, and pass it to J-Payment settlement agency. Such information will be kept until the end of HOPE-JP and J-Payment contract.)
- Upon outsourcing of all or part of HOPE-JP service to a third party.
- Disclosure the information to those who assume an obligation of confidentiality to HOPE-JP.
- For excise of right by HOPE-JP.
- Disclosure of personal information in the case of merger or business succession by transfer of operations or other reasons.
- When approved by Privacy Protection Law or other laws and ordinances.
- As established individually for HOPE-JP services.
HOPE International Development Agency Japan
2F Kamiya Bld., 1-16-2 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Japan, 460-0008
TEL: 052-204-0530 FAX: 052-204-0531